[Harp-L] Suzuki weld on reeds

I was at a rather loud jam session in New Orleans last night, and even though I know better, I busted a 4 draw on a Suzuki Bluesmaster C, with weld on reeds..

I was successful in removing the reed, leaving a perfect hole, which I enlarged with a drill and tapped with a 0-80 tap.  I normally use a number 80 stainless steel flathead screw  from the reed side, because the taper of the screw holds the reed perfectly, unless either the hole in the plate or the reed is slightly off-center.  If this is the case, I insert the screw from the back, and use a nut to hold the reed on.  This, in the past has always worked on all my other harps. NOT THIS TIME, Not on the Suzuki.  The hole in the reed plate does not appear to be centered with the slot, and it is off a bunch.  It appears to my eyes, which are rather old, that all the welds are off center.

Has anyone had this problem?  Has anyone been successful in transplanting a reed in one? I suppose I am either going to have to use a wider reed, and start shaving the edges, or just scrap the harp, since I cannot even use it for spare parts.

Harvey