Re: [Harp-L] Mel Bay mailing

Yes, the list does contain complete address info for most members. I assume you can ask for your address to be removed if that's your preference, but I believe it's currently opt-out, not opt-in.

- Slim.

www.slidemanslim.com

Tim Moyer wrote:
fjm wrote:
I received a hand addressed letter from some one at Mel Bay publications. The combination of address and name is the one I use for my SPAH membership. Since it is targeted marketing I wonder if the publisher obtained a list of names and addresses from SPAH. Anyone else out there get a recent mailing? Are you a SPAH member? I do not rule out another vector for the information. fjm

SPAH routinely distributes membership lists to members attending the convention. I don't recall how complete the lists are - whether they contain complete address information - but it's certainly conceivable that someone at Mel Bay is a SPAH member and got this list to use to promote their material to harmonica players directly.

I would think most SPAH members would find this of interest rather than annoying, since it's harmonica specific. Then again, it is more paper in the mailbox...

-tim