[Harp-L] Golden Melody reed plates response

Dave Payne wrote:

Don't chuck it, just get rid of the burr that the reed is scraping
again.... geez, what a time to have accidently deleted my embossing
video, but I'll have another this week, I, just today, on a forge of
West Virginia coal and the fires of Vulcan, with a two-pound hammer and
55-pound anvil, made an embossing tool I'd like to show off.
You
might be able to plink through it. Try that first. Otherwise, what you
do is take a .002 inch feeler gauge and scrape the inside of the slot
to remove that burr. You want to DE-emboss whatever you embossed too
much. You can push the reed into the slot  with your thumb and
sometimes see or feel where the catch is... push the reed flush with
the slot and look at it with a light behind it, you might be able to
see that burr. Keep me posted.

I guess I kinda figured I could fix 'em.  I was p**sed off last night, tho'!  Thanks for the reply and the advice/instruction.  If there is one thing we harp players are it's stubborn.  I'll keep trying.  In the meantime, I should probably jump on one of Buddha's custom Golden Melodies before they are all gone!  ;-]