Re: [Harp-L] Creating solid notes through bending techinques -wasSummertime ...

I also concur, the "Spoonful" licks works great for beginners learning control of bends...

& 'Danny Boy' is a great way too to practice control....and Iceman's idea of singing it holding it and hitting it on the piano is a terrific way to train that 'inner ear'.....pitch is something we will work on for a lifetime as musicians...i use these techniques alot when practicing my Singing.

There are so many melodies that can help you as you 'advance' and not just blues tunes but still using cross harp....I especially like these three:

-Back Home in Indiana (Charlie McCoy Version)

-But Beautiful (Jazz Ballad) played in the lower octave you'll need the 1OB as well...but not crucial if your just doing this to practice the bending on holes 2 & 3....this song is usually done in G so use a C harp

-18th Century Rosewood Clock (Charlie McCoy Version) (Country Cookin record)

give 'em a try...a real WORKOUT!,-)

I LOVE Smo-Joe's address book idea to make notes on tunes.....awesome!!!!!!!!!,-)))
best,
Rob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe and Cass Leone" <leone@xxxxxxxx>