Re: [Harp-L] Creating solid notes through bending techinques - wasSummertime ...

This reminds me of something I  went through in my learning curve that might
help somebody with controlling the  3 bend, if a person was so inclined to
want to work on it. It would help in a  lot of ways if you ask me, but it is more
blues rock oriented.

          The song "Stoop Down  39" by the J Geils band starts out with a
harp lead right off of the bat.  It's kinda tricky to play because of the way
Dick plays around with the 3 bend.  When I was young (was I ever young?) I
learned how to play the intro lead on  Chromo because I just couldn't get the way he
was bending the 3 hole around to  get 3 distinct notes on diatonic. I guess
it was good for me because I  learned how to play that whole intro lead on
chromo. Then when I really, and I  mean (REALLY), got gooder at bending, I could
do it all on a diatonic. In fact  it is good practice to play as many of the
bends and get 3 clean notes out of  them as you can. Start on the 2 hole and
bend all the way down, then let up a  little, then all the way and listen to the
chromatic walk up.

                Good practice exorcizes that don't bore the stuffnzz outta ya.

            Randy
        BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 10/3/2008 12:49:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,