[Harp-L] SPAH...today and beyond

Last night I participated in my first official SPAH Board Meeting. I am so proud to be involved with this organization. You all are in for a treat as you witness the exciting forward path that SPAH is on. The new website is going to be an incredible tool as we surge ahead. Bob Cohen is working hard to have us live ASAP. I can only hope that more and more of you discover the value and privilege of becoming a SPAH member. SPAH is so much more than just a big convention every year. With the new agenda SPAH will be evolving into a 365 day a year harmonica enthusiast resource. JP Pagan is working hard to make "Harmonica Happenings" the "go to" publication in the harmonica world. The one thing that I want everyone to know is that almost every conversation in last nights meeting was about YOU. Providing value to the members is priority one. Showing value to prospective members is right there as well. We all know that the more SPAH grows the better it will be able to serve the harmonica community at large. Membership certainly has it's privileges and soon no harmonica player will want to leave home without their SPAH membership card in their wallet! For the price of a diatonic harmonica per year you can be a part of the premier harmonica association as a card-carrying member.

Next year the convention will be in Sacramento. Bud Gardner and the Harmonicoots are already setting the stage for a great convention! I encourage all of you, in these challenging economic times, to start saving now. You have 11 months to stash some cash and make your plans. Dig deep into your souls and decide just where the harmonica is on your list of priorities. If you discover that it is high on the list then you need to consider taking the annual pilgrimage to a SPAH convention. It will change your life and make ya feel real good!

Warren Bee
Publicity Director
SPAH