Re: [Harp-L] Re: Small Fender Amp

Richard-

Yep, that is one of the things that make the small Roland Cube amps great
for harp.  They have several built-in amp models, a few of which sound good
for blues harp.  The Vox Pathfinder does not have amp models, but I was able
to get a nice dark crunch with little trouble.

Another solid state amp I like for harp is the now-discontinued Crate
Powerblock.  It had a tube emulation feature in the gain control that
sounded good.  The Powerblock was a 75-watt per channel stereo head, a bit
much for harp, but in the end they were blowing them out for $99.

Small solid state guitar amps (of the type that come with guitar starter
sets) are generally not good for blues harp, at least not to my ear.  With a
little careful research and a little more money, a harp player can find an
amp more suited to our craft.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/