Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic care

yeah...I wasn't going to respond to this thread with my usual MAAS  polish
info (it's a lot milder than most metal polishes), can be used on  any metal,
gems, glass and ceramics, other musical instruments...I first bought  it out in
Ohio at a Buckeye fest to clean my silver jewelry and then tried it on  my
Super 64 and it was just brilliant, even removing tarnish from under the  covers
and the reedplates of older harps too when I went on a cleaning  binge:

_http://www.homeandpetsupply.com/product_info.php/products_id/209_
(http://www.homeandpetsupply.com/product_info.php/products_id/209)

...but since I'd have to add the disclaimer of: cleaning off any trace of
the polish with rubbing alcohol and then wiping down one more time with a
dampened clean white cloth while responding to an 8-year old  -  although I do
believe it's really Joy writing for Josh (or should be, anyway -  no 8 year old
should be handling potentially poisonous materials without adult
supervision)...I decided to sit it out until Rob's post.

While I'll still keep using my favourite polish...it works on plastics and
acrylics too so I can even use it for my CX-12's (although they don't  tarnish
externally my theory is it might help prevent drying out of the plastic  body
since I'm a little harsh with my chroms, keeping them under a fairly strong
light for too long)...Ken's idea of the toothpaste is probably the best way to
go for a child to clean his/her harmonica without adult
involvement/supervision,  although from the reading I've done it should be white toothpaste only
(such as Colgate)...none with 'additives'.

Elizabeth

"Message: 11