[Harp-L] Hohner amp -- a dissenting positive opinion

I must respectfully disagree, as far as my own experience goes, with the negative comments I saw about the Hohner Hoodoo Box amplifier.  I just got my own after borrowing a friend's for a few gigs, and I am very pleased with it.  The tone is great; it compares very favorably with the Epiphone Valve Junior combo I used to have and LOVED, but with better features (the line out, in particular, is VERY useful and the spring reverb sounds great).

I've had, over the years, a Fender Super Reverb reissue, a '59 Bassman reissue, an Epiphone Valve Junior, a Crate tube amp, a Blues Junior, Pro Junior, and I'm sure plenty of others I can't remember, and I think that this amp is an excellent low-cost option for any harp player.  Of course, others' mileage may vary, and I am no way saying the other opinions are "wrong"... but I wanted to make sure my alternative view was heard.  (Insert the usual disclaimer about no connection with Hohner here.)

Thanks,
Scott Albert Johnson
---
Umbrella Man CD available now! More info at: http://www.myspace.com/scottalbertjohnson
"Umbrella Man leaves no stone unturned. Scott Albert Johnson's debut mixes blues, rock, folk and jazz, unified by first-rate harmonica playing." (Maureen Palli, Relix)