Re: [Harp-L] Willie Dixon Controversy

At 11:39 AM 11/25/2008, you wrote:
POP ! Thats the sound of my bubble bursting. Istill like Willie,though.

Keep that bubble intact. There's a whole lot of music that wouldn't have gotten made without Willie Dixon. He was a great producer, studio musician, and alot of those songs are either his for real, or he did the adaptation that we all love now. He's the bass player on most of those classic Chuck Berry records, for goodness sake.

You can hear it in the Big Three Trio stuff, too - he understood what the audience wanted and how to shape what they got.

You can say this about very few people: without him, no rock and roll.