To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Willie Dixon Controversy

Song stealing in the Fifties, and before and since, was as common as dirt. Credit "sharing" even moreso.

I worked for a company that bought the Starday/King publishing catalog. Going through this enormous catalog I kept seeing the same name appearing as a writer or co-writer on thousands of country and R&B songs,