Re: [Harp-L] Reality check?

I say Rock On Rob. I know  this has been tossed around here a lot but I just
gotta say it. My first paying  gig was in 1969 when I was 12 years old. I got
20 bucks for the night. I did a  coffee house gig as a duo last year and
got...........................................................................20
bucks for the night. Bar owners and people who book bands know quite well that
 we as musicians don't make enough to live most of the time. They take
advantage  of the fact that we love what we do. I have had times where I played for
a  living. Put diapers on my son and ate peanut butter. I myself don't play
for  free very often now, but I don't play very often either. I'm semi retired
and my  son is a grown man so I don't have to worry about money as much. I feel
sorry  for the kids who are trying to make these days.

                Randy
             BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:34:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,