Re: [Harp-L] Other Brit Blues/Rock Harp?

Keith Relf, the Yardbirds' vocalist played harp. As for a harp player leading the band, Cyril Davies, one of the founding fathers of Brit blues, had his own band shortly before he died. It became the Graham Bond Organization. Paul Jones in Manfred Mann played a lot of harp. Our fellow harp-l member, Mox could probably inform us better about British harp players from that time. Dan Axt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bradford Trainham" <bradford.trainham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Harp L Harp L'" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:01 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Other Brit Blues/Rock Harp?

Ok,
So we've beaten Zep's harp content to death... But who played harmonica in
the YardBirds as in I'm A Man?
And..., did any other English (main-stream-ish) Blues-Rocker ever use the
harp as a lead instrument for more than one or two songs, (Cream's ??Train
Time?? Can't remember the name of that one...) other than John Mayall?
We (especially me sometimes...) tend to point out the places where these
British invasion groups got it wrong, but they were, consciously or not,
contributing to what amounted to the birth of rock.
And even though rock is getting a little old and stale just now, maybe what
it needs is some other harp-infused tangent to liven it up just a little, as
in 1964...
Brad Trainham