From: wr richards <wrrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:55:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Zep tunes [When the Levee Breaks]

I'm looking at the 4 Led Zep lps, bought when they were new.

Here are the songwriting credits for some of the discussed songs:

I*
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
trad. arr. Jimmy Page

You Shook Me
Willie Dixon

I Can't Quit You Babe
Willie Dixon

*This might not be a first edition, but I believe it is. I know the
others are.

II
The Lemon Song
Page, Plant, Jones, Bonham

Bring it on Home
Jimmie Page & Robert Plant

III
Gallows pole
trad. arr. J. Page, R. Plant

Hats of to (Roy) Harper
trad. arr. Charles Obscure

IV
When the Levee Breaks
Jimmy Page-Robert Plant-John Paul Jones-John Bonham-Memphis Minnie

I have a John Denver album that includes Steve Goodman's City of New
Orleans. Mr. Denver adds a lame verse, and earns a co-author credit.

Oh, harp content... Toots Tielman is the harmonica player on the John
Denver album (Aerie). Charlie McCoy plays harmonica on the Steve
Goodman album.

wrr

Bill Richards
http://www.myspace.com/willierange