[Harp-L] Review: Harmonica for Dummies

I posted a complete review of Winslow Yerxa's terrific book at the Blues
Harp Amps Blog:
http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/2008/11/review-harmonica-for-dummies.html

Here is the summary:

"Harmonica for Dummies by Winslow Yerxa is excellent. I love the sections
about harp customizing, positions, overblows and overbends. I'll refer back
to the book often. But the harp newbies who buy the book in search of advice
about amps (a very hot topic among new players) will find little useful
specific information beyond the suggestion to look elsewhere.

I give this book a IV on the I – IV – V scale of blues harp excellence. Like
a small tube amp, every harp player should own this book."

-Rick Davis