Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melody in high G

If this is true, order a High "F" and tune it up yourself. You'll learn a
lot about the harmonica by doing so. Takes a bit of patience.

In a message dated 11/17/2008 9:37:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Joe  Leone wrote:
> John F. Potts wrote:
> > Does or did Hohner make  a Golden Melody in the key of high G?
> <snip>
> No, they  make them but they are rarely ordered. Mines is at
> the high end of my  gig case.

With all respect to the emminent Mr. Leone, I don't believe  this is
correct.  I used to buy harmonicas directly from the  distributor, and
was informed that both low and high tunings were no  longer being made.
It's still perhaps possible to find new-old-stock  in inventory
somewhere, but I don't believe they're coming out of the  factory in
these keys these days.

Perhaps John Watts will  weigh in on this topic.

-tim