Re: [Harp-L] Digitech RP250 first impressions

"M. Erickson" wrote:
>The RP-250 works with Digitech's X-Edit software. This allows deeper tweeking of the device and the >ability to save and share patches. For me, it's much easier to make adjustments from the computer. I >very much like the RP-250.

The X-edit software is nice. However, the problem I'm having is with the basic sound of the device, not the editing. No matter how you tweak that Bassman model, it doesn't do much. And it doesn't really sound like a Bassman. To put it another way, the software isn't very useful if the device doesn't sound good.

I'll have more to say when I've tried a few of the other amp models. I've done a little bit with the Deluxe 57 model, and it seems promising. But then the Tweed model in the RP200 was based on a Tweed Deluxe reverb, and it's the most versatile harp-oriented model in that device.

Like I said, more later. There's a lot in this box, and it took me a while to figure out the RP200.

Regards, Richard Hunter