From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Garry Hodgson
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:04 PM
To: winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mic Impedance Transformer

Winslow Yerxa wrote:
> Are you using the matching transformer going into a hi-z input, or
> into a lo-z as well? Or to be more precise, what are the impedances
involved?

i use it when plugging into my amp, a peavey bandit 112,
which is high Z, 250K Ohms.  adding the transformer made
a big difference in sound and volume.

i also use the fireball, without transformer, attached (XLR) to a samson
AX-1 wireless transmitter.  the output from the corresponding receiver
(samson concert 77) is a 1/4" output , but just 5K Ohms, going into the
input on my digitech rp250, which is 500K Ohms.  i expect i need a
transformer in that chain, as well.  i asked about that here recently,
but got no response.  haven't gotten around to picking one up.