From: Harvey Berman <cscharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] reed plate thickness
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 10:53 AM

If thicker, or double reed plates are used, which causes the reeds to swing
further, therby increasing volume, and shortening reed life, and it does this
because the thicker reedplates distributes the screw more evenly, holding the
reedplate flatter, then what happens when you bolt regular reedplates to a brass
comb?  It would seem that the whole assembly suddenly becomes one large
reedplate, with reeds mounted on each end.
Does the volume go up, and reed life go down because of the brass comb?

Harvey Berman