[Harp-L] Questions about Impendance Matching Trasformer

I have a low impendance mic that I use with a simple guitar amp. The amp has
has those three knobs that control the different levels. Generally, I have
the high tones turned down low and the low tones turned up. Do you recommend
I use one of those transformers?
Also, I've seen low impendance to high impendance adapters at Radio Shack.
Are these what you are talking about, or are these specifically for the
connection?