Re: [Harp-L] Reed plate thickness

One of the main advantages to double thick reed plates is the volume you get
from forcing the reeds to swing deeper in the slot. Makes the
harmonica louder but also stresses the reeds more because they travel
further. It's a trade off. That's how it was explained to me by the master.

tom albanese

http://www.myspace.com/bigrealdeal