Re: [Harp-L] I put up a Veterans Day video with Gwen Foster

No disrespect to veterans, but I am interested that commemorating warriors on this list is apparently a non-contentious, non-political issue, whereas celebrating the first non white american in the White House IS a contentious, political issue!! Yet war is of course politics pursued by violent means.

I hope this is only a reflection of the relatively aged profile of the active list members (with a few exceptions) - older Americans did not vote as much for Obama - rather than the continuing systemic tolerance of violence and intolerance of race in the USA that many of us Europeans fear. Harmonica content before I get lashed:

I found it quite sad that a list devoted to an instrument popularised in part by blues musicians of colour were unable to collectively celebrate there being a black man as president-elect WHATEVER his mainstream politics. That is all Christelle expected. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Love, peace and democracy to all

Richard