Re: [Harp-L] Articulation...

I learned tonguing from being a brass player. Brass players use "ta" for single notes, "ta-ka" for double tonguing and "ta-da-ka" for triple tonguing. Ta is front tongue, da is middle tongue and ka is in the throat. I may sometimes use "ka" for initial attacks because it is a softer sound. I also use the "ka" for slurs, particularly moving from a bend to the unbent note.

Larry Marks

BTW, In brass terminology, a "slur" is movement between notes with a slight tonguing between the notes while a "smear" employs no tonguing at all.