[Harp-L] PT Gazell is the man

Just took a trip to Huntington to take my kids to the circus, listened to "Theodore Rex" by Edmund Morris on CD down, but y'all don't care about that. What you might care about is I listened to P.T. Gazell's "Pace Yourself" CD -- which PT autographed for me -- on the way back. My kids were in the back seat "play 'The Flintstones' again dad!" The Flintstones reminds me very much of Johnny Staats (a friend)'s rendition, of course P.T.s was first. One that surprised me was Jimmie Rodgers "Miss the Mississippi and You" one of those obscure tunes Jimmie wrote with his mother in law (they wrote a lot of songs together after Jimmie and Carrie divorced. I thought I was the only person who had even HEARD that song. I've got it on a 78.
It was wonderful to hear... Nice fiddle tunes as well. Ricky Skaggs and Jerry Douglas on the same album? Awesome....

So, it has the entire Payne family seal of approval.

It was awesome. There was one song "Big Murph" I think it was, that sounded like good background music for a "Dukes of Hazzard" car chase, I was thinking of orange 1969 Dodge Chargers being chased by 1975 Dodge Monaco police cruisers the whole time it played.

it's pretty awesome. I would recommend it.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com