[Harp-L] Michael Polesky at Jazz Bakery

I recently attended a fine jazz concert at the Jazz Bakery in Los Angeles. Michael Polesky on chromatic harmonica, Carol Chaiken on saxophone and flute, Art Gilbert on piano, Tom Haberman on drums, Stephen James on bass, and Lulee Fischer vocals.

Michael's playing was excellent, especially on the bebop numbers. His melody lines were beautiful and very sophisticated. The more I understand jazz, the more I appreciate the depth of Michael’s playing. Even Carol, the band’s seasoned sax/flute virtuoso, kept nodding in approval whenever Michael took a break. Michael also acted as conductor, arranging the music on the fly.

I really hope Michael releases his old recordings and starts some new ones. Such talent needs to be shared with the world.

Best regards,
David Naiditch
http://www.davidnaiditch.com/
http://www.myspace.com/highdesertbluegrasssessions