[Harp-L] please read!

Let me say that I don't want to see ANY further discussion of politics on
harp-l.  I also don't want to read any scoldings regarding whether or not
something belongs as a topic. If you have a problem with the content of a
post please write me and complain.  If you wish to reply to an obviously
off topic post use private  e-mail to fire off your rejoinder.

Harp-l is a topic specific list.  It is a forum for the discussion of all
things harmonica.  Youtube is an interesting and new problem for me.  I do
not want to have to watch each and every submitted video to discern if the
linked to content is appropriate for harp-l.  The fact is we don't really
host the content.  We do allow subscribers to link to harmonica related
content.  The recent climate of postings has been a deluge of linked to
videos.  A virtual torrent.  Several things are troubling about this
trend.  The sideways sneaking in of points of views political and
otherwise is just one of these things.  What it does to the archive is
another.  It renders it a virtual graveyard of broken links and missing
pages.  It also lowers the bar for content.  Check this cool link followed
by the onlist replies of cool dude, dug the link.  I'm certainly not going
to formulate a new policy on the fly here but please, think before you
post.  Try and build a knowledge base and a community and remember that a
large part of the value of harp-l lies in the archives.  Thank you
harp-l-listowner