Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2008

Well, it ain't SPAH (for me and so many others) if it doesn't  begin Tuesday
Night with a Jason Ricci Annual Harp Blow-Off (SPAH officials  should take
note).....

...or without the inimitable Buzz Krantz and Joe Filisko and his  cohorts
(Jimmy Gordon, Richard Sleigh and whomever else can be there from  the Filisko
'mob')....since the teach-ins are also now a major part of SPAH for  so many of
us...

...and this year getting MadCat back and with Shari Kane in tow to  boot!
(I've been dying to see them both perform live)....it's already  shaping up to be
a terrific SPAH.

I'm so looking forward to the Jazz jams again this year.  Having it at  the
Bar with a trio (Ron Kalina on keyboard) and Randy Singer running  things last
year was inspired...got so many people involved than might otherwise  have
attended when Jazz was relegated to a room way down the end of a  corridor.

Of course I still keep hoping for a 'lesser skilled' jazz jam (in a similar
type setting) where someone like me who's never participated in one could
maybe play without being completely overwhelmed or intimidated by the  brilliance
of the constant stream of the heavyweight players...but I  still wouldn't
give up what I witnessed last year: it was just so good and an  incredible
learning experience.

Now if I could only figure out how to manage to attend the Blues Jams
(usually concurrent)...I'd be a very happy camper...

Everything else is gravy.

Elizabeth

P.S.  for the sake of new SPAH attendees like Doug (and because it's  just
plain fun)...anyone want to arrange a time/place for another Harp-l  get
together akin to the previous 'Michael at the Bar with his  Renny'?

****
"Message: 14