Re: [Harp-L] Slowdown software

Perhaps it has been covered but, the Amazing Slow Downer program will do the same thing. I often use it to create "learning CDs" of a song that is a little over my head to pick up right away at full speed. In particular, I will cut out the solos I want to learn (so I don't have to run through a full song at slow speed) and then record them as separate files at 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100% speed. Then I can easily repeat the solos, starting at slow speed to work out the notes, and as I get the notes and nuances down can then do it at progressively faster tempos. You need to pay for the full program to do this conveniently but I found it very much worth it.
Just $0.02 more.
Jon

Garry Hodgson wrote:
John Thaden <jjthaden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ken, I tried it but only could slow down with an equivalent dropping in musical pitch, as in, one octave lower for a half-speed listening, using the "add new time track" approach. Am I missing something?

yes. on the "Effects" menu, there are two separate effects to change timing. one also changes pitch, one does not.

--Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West