Re: [Harp-L] software

rgwebber wrote:
I think I've seen this topic before, but I can't find the emails. What software will speed up or slow down a song (mp3 or wav) without changing the pitch?

I would say that Samplitude is overkill, but the better the algorithm the better your result on something like this. Remember that what you're doing is deleting bits from the wav file, and it doesn't take alot of deleted bits before you can actually hear the deterioration in quality, and a brute force algorithm will make the music sound bad with just a few dropped bits.

A Google search indicates that Audacity, which is free, seems to have a speed-change feature. I'd try that first.