[Harp-L] Replacement reed plates vs replacing reeds

Excuse me for thinking out loud!
About eleven years ago Pat Missin joked that manufacturers should mount individual reeds on their own little reed plates.  The joke was that he was giving up a patent by revealing his idea to the public.  Some time later, he and a number of others, discussed a chromatic tremolo.  This time he wasn't joking.   Bigger than heck, we now have one.  Yes, it is patented.
$799.95 on Coast2coastmusic.com
$774.95 at HarpDepot.com
$999.00 at SuzukiMusic.com
You know, I think the thing about individual reeds on their own little reed plates is a good idea.  How hard could it be to fit a triple comb that holds the parts together air tight.  Oh if I only had enough money to create my own assembly line.  But then again, what would file heads do for fun.
Does anybody have an opinion as to who should take credit for phosphor bronze reeds, Suzuki or John Hall at Bushman Music?  I think the weight of opinion is that Suzuki has to take the hit for welding.