Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Favorite Coverplate Screws

Never had a problem with it. I put the top coverplate on and drop the male end in, which is held by gravity until I get my finger on it, then I flip it, the side with the coverplate is now laying in my hand and my finger is still on the male bolt, and put the other coverplate on and drop the female screw in and start it with a phillips. I tighten it a couple turns at most, then do the other side,tighten it about halfway, then tighten the other side, then go back and tighten.
>From the problem you described, it sounds like you are tightening the first screw too much before you start the second, when you do that, the screws on the other side don't line up like they should. If you start it with the other side loose, there's no problem.

Dave
______________________
Dave Payne
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:41:43 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Seydel Favorite Coverplate Screws

Hi Folks
I got myself a couple of Seydel Favorites recently and I love the
sound and the smooth shape of the coverplates, which I like after playing
Golden Melody's for a long time.  What I find an absolute nightmare though,
is when I am trying to put them back together again.  I find it really
awkward trying to hold one cover plate in place and then get the screw to
bite into the nut, so I can tighten everything up again and i'm worried that
sooner of later, I'm going to slip and snag a reed.

I wondered if anyone else had found a similar problem and a way of
overcoming it?

Thanks

Bill