[Harp-L] i-mic

I just built my own harp mic using the plans from typepad.com.  I used a McCormick spice bottle, parts from radio shack and a mic element from Ken's Electronics.  The mic looks like the Bottle o' Blues and it sounds pretty good.  The problem is that it is not loud enough through any of my amplifiers.  I have to crank the amps up and have the volume knob on the mic up almost all the way and still I don't think I could be heard over guitars or drums.  I think this deficiency is because the mic element is low-z but I don't know enough about electronics.  Does anybody out there have any ideas or experience with these homemade mics?  One of the pluses of this mic is that I don't have a problem with feedback.  I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say