Re: Re: [Harp-L] Replacement reed plates vs replacing reeds

Frank Evers wrote:
> So you're right, that replacing the whole reedplate is a quick and
> good option, especially if you can buy single reedplates instead of
> sets - if you play stock harps.
> However if you spent time on gapping, tuning, arcing, probably
> embossing your harp it's much quicker to replace a reed, than
> preparing a whole new plate.

In my opinion, this is a consideration to be made when choosing a harp
model.  I, personally, won't invest the time in gapping, tuning,
arcing, embossing, etc., on a harp with spot welded reeds, because
swapping reeds is too much trouble.

-tim