[Harp-L] re: Fat Dog Amps

I recently read the FAT DOG AMP post with interest... I am headed to Kansas City this
  week to play a couple of CD RELEASE gigs. I used to live there and still maintain close
  relationships with many working musicians there. in fact, I will be flying in for the gigs and
  am relying on their graciousness for a PA and a harp rig. I had planned on using my friends
  59 Bassman - which is obviously a great setup - but was also contacted by another harp
  player about borrowing one of his FAT DOG AMPS (Classic 40 and the 4A). Most likely I will
  "daisy chain" one of them with the Bassman for a wall of sound (the band is not very loud
  but the room can get loud and it is 5 pieces.. never hurts to have the extra volume if needed). I will report back on my experience for those that are interested.

  As for the gigs (shameless plug) I will be playing at BB's Lawnside BBQ on Friday,
  May 23rd (using most of Lee McBee's Band) and again on Sunday for a Benefit (4 bands
  total beginning at 4:00pm). If you are in the area please drop by... I am really pleased that
  my sophomore release is FINALLY finished...

  Oh yeah.. the harp player and owner of the FAT DOG amp is a great harmonica player
  from the Kansas City area - Jimmie Meade.. He originally hails from CHICAGO and took
  lessons from Fillisko and Lee MCBee.. He now plays in a band called LEVEE TOWN - they
  are one of the top bands in KC.. Definitely worth a listen...

  Kurt

  www.kurtcrandall.com
  www.myspace.com/kurtcrandall