[Harp-L] FatDog Amps

I have a FatDog 2A and love it. Rob, the builder, is one of the best amp designers out there, and the only one I know of with a commitment to make great custom harp amps that are truly affordable. He builds his amps with off the shelf components instead of the most expensive components, like $100 caps, yet knows how to get an amazing sound. The FatDog has the most bang for the buck around, and Rob's customer service and personal accessibility is by far the best. I now consider him a friend.

The first time I played it was at an open mic, where I had not been getting any respect. Typically, the sound man had been turning down my 1970's Green Bullet which went thru a direct box tot he PA. But when I started playing with the FatDog, I heard one of the musicians in the house band exclaim to the other, "where did THAT sound come from?" Since then I have been getting much more respect from the house band! Another time I went to a Harmonica Blowout with 15 of the best south Florida harp players. But their original Fender Bassman blew out just before the event started. I happened to have my FatDog in the trunk, so volunteered it. After micing the FatDog, it sounded great and many of the harp players came up during the event to comment on how great it sounded and ask where I got it.

If you want a custom harp amp with that Chicago sound, and can't afford one of the pricier custom jobs for twice the money, you won't be sorry getting a FatDog.  By the way, Rob reads Harp-L.

- Robert Ross
www.RawFoodLife.com