[Harp-L] Jaw Harp (was: What is Moorsing?)

I own a jaw harp and have found it to be a great training device for harmonica. Jaw harps don't make very many notes, but you do control them entirely with your breathing, embouchure, and throat. All of these things go into your harmonica tone. You can pick up a cheap jaw harp for five bucks at any music store or even Cracker Barrel. As with harmonicas, there are much higher quality versions that cost a good bit more. They even come in multiple keys, although I don't think any jaw harp can really play an entire scale. They can be used for some fun rhythmic lines, though.

Jonathan Metts