Re: [Harp-L] right hand vs left

So far only one legitimate response to the question. Of course that one is only semi legit because the poster like myself is a southpaw holding right which is generally called playing harmonica left handed. For me the cup thing is harder on the low notes. I compensate by holding the harmonica tilted. Triplets are a lot easier because you don't fight your wrist motion. Personally I wish I'd stuck with playing holding right and with the numbers on the bottom. There are pluses and minuses associated with any grip. Bottom line is if you're happy then you're fine. If it gets in your way in terms of technique then you might want to try something else and if you're like me it'd be tough to change after all the time you've done it the other way. fjm