[Harp-L] Re: holding harp in right hand vs left

I'm mostly right-handed when I'm not using my left hand, but I like holding my harp with my left hand.

Mostly because I'm usually doing something else with my right hand while I'm tootin' on my harp, like driving, shifting gears on my pick 'em up truck or my mama's tractor, carrying a six-pack of beer, holding my chewin' tobacco spit-cup, going to the bathroom, zipping up (or down), typing on my 'puter keyboard, snatching flies... you name it !

Come to think of it, about all I do with my left hand is hold my harp, and my right hand does everything else and then some!

Like my mama says... try it you might like it !

Your Harmonica Friend,

Gus Harper

--- michael daurizio <ourbellavista@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote: > From: michael daurizio <ourbellavista@xxxxxxxxxxx>> To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>> Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:48:59 -0400> Subject: [Harp-L] holding harp in right hand vs left> > > I've been playing harp about five years now and have> come along pretty well. I've got decent tone and> some pretty good chops,and look foreword to learning> more and getting better. I am sooo right handed it's> ridicules and have been holding the harp in my right> hand since the beginning. This feels the most> comfortable to me. my question is will this be a> hindrance to me later in the journey of learning new> techniques,chops,styles,etc.Any advice would be> greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike