[Harp-L] Bass Harmonica Tools?

> Bob Loomis wrote:
>> My question is, is there instructional material out there
>> specifically for bass harmonica?

In addition to the superb professional materials by Judy Simpson-Smith
and Robert Berthiaume, please take a look at Richard Martin's materials.

Richard is the publisher of The Harmonica Educator, a quarterly publication
on all things harmonica, including diatonic, chromatic, chord and bass. It
also gives many songs for ensemble work. If you are really, really SERIOUS
about a more formal approach to playing harmonica, this is a very good
publication to subscribe to.

Richard has excerpted various articles and bound them into a book form
on specific subjects. There are several volumes either devoted to bass
harmonica or including bass harmonica.

Take a look at the Web site:   http://members.aol.com/heducator2/
Click on the "Books Available" link, and you'll find several books for bass
harmonica listed.

Richard is an excellent player and superb teacher. He is also very much
fun to talk to. I've been blessed with a couple of long calls from him, even
though we've never met in person; I enjoyed it immensely. The phone
number given on the Web page is (937) 964-1115.

If you would rather use email, contact Richard at:  Ri58066217@xxxxxxx

Richard has been a member of this group for a long time, but I'm not sure
if he is still actively participating. Richard, if you are out there, don't be shy!

Regards,
Crazy Bob

Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_052008