Re: [Harp-L] Re: Intermediate Player

For me, it is not a competition with other players, or even a way to
compare myself to other players.  That is plainly pointless.  It is a
competition with myself, and a way to gauge my progress.  I get a lot
of satisfaction from improving, and from getting compliments from my
instructor.

I wish I could have a Zen-like attitude about many things (including
my harp playing) but I am not wired that way.  My bet is the best
players take a LOT of pride in their playing and have a competitive
nature.  Moving up from one level of proficiency to another is
important to them, and it is to me, too.

-Rick Davis
the Blues Harp Amps blog:  http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/