Re: [Harp-L] tuning harps for the studio

when you guys tune your harps for recording, what do you set the tuner to 440? 442? and to what level of tolerance +/- a few cents?

I don't tune my harps so I couldn't tell you about that, but since it's an overdub session and you're mixing in a digital studio pitch correction tools are built right into the recording program. Unless you're flooded with currency, don't waste time trying to find the bad-sounding notes until you get home and can listen a bunch of times, and make a very thorough cue sheet of the places where you need correction.

You can then fix it before you start mixing without wasting time AND MORE IMPORTANTLY you won't have missed a few details because you made your cue sheet under the rushed circumstance of the studio.

As you have learned, the nasty bits are all you hear after a while.

You might also see if the other musicians are unhappy about the guitarists notes, too. If his notes are off enough to give you trouble, then it really should have been caught at the main session. Remember that for next time.