Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci & New Blood CD

He'll be in Parkersburg, West Virginia on May 29. Pburg is right on the Ohio border south of Marietta. You Ohio folks ought to come down.
Here's the release I got:
For Immediate Release to all Media
May 8, 2008
Contact:  Bill Poole, the Front Row Bar & Grill
                304.482.6737
                Steve Wells, 304.295.4323

Second Coming for Ricci at The Front Row Bar

Jason Ricci is a harmonica player who ârocksâ.  The harmonica player virtuoso and his band return to The Front Row Bar and Grill in Parkersburg for a special Thursday night show on Thursday, May 29, 2008.  This exclusive West Virginia show will mark the second appearance for Jason Ricci and New Blood at the local music and sports venue since January.  The music begins at 8PM, and tickets are $12.

Ricciâs January first appearance at The Front Row played to a packed house, and left the âdrop-jawedâ audience more than a little impressed with his unique, raw and powerful harmonica technique.  âItâs nothing short of amazing,â said Mineral Wells resident Denny Butcher.  âHe is one of the best players alive.  What he does should be impossible and his stage presence is phenomenal.â

The local review in The Parkersburg News said âRicciâs extremely unique harmonica style, vocals and remarkably energetic performance kept the crowd tapping their feet, swaying their heads and dancing throughout the show.â  The complete review of Ricciâs January show at The Front Row can be found on the venueâs website:  www.frontrowlive.net

âIâve had so many requests for Jason to come back, from both people who saw the January show and people who missed it but heard about it, I wanted to get him back as soon as possible,â said Bill Poole, owner of The Front Row.  âHeâs a nationally touring act, and the soonest he will be back in the area is the end of May, so we decided to do this special Thursday night 8PM show,â said Poole. âI normally do music only on Fridays,â he said.

âItâs always a treat to have Jason back in our town,â said Steve Wells, VP of The Blues, Jazz and Folk Music Society.  âAnd, I applaud Bill Poole and The Front Row for continuing to bring top-notch musical entertainment to the area,â Wells added.  âIf you like the harmonica, you donât want to miss this show.  Youâll see why they call Jason Ricci âTHEâ harp player of the 21st Century,â he said.

Ricci brings a stellar ensemble to back him up.  New Blood have individually and collectively won various accolades and distinguished awards from blues organizations around the world.  âShawn Starski is killer on guitar,â says Wells.  âHeâs worth the price of admission alone.  And last time, Toddâs (Edmunds) bass solo was probably the best Iâve ever heard.  Holding it all together is Ron (Sutton) on the drums, one of the most amazing drummers on tour today,â said Wells.

The band is celebrating its newest CD, Rocket Number 9, released in October.  The album was produced by Grammy-wining producer John Porter, known for his work with Los Lonely Boys, B.B. King, Buddy Guy and Ryan Adams.  It was recorded at The House of Blues Studio in Encino , California .  Autographed copies of Rocket Number 9 will be available for purchase at the show.

âGet ready for everything from gut-bucket blues to classic rock to out-of-this-world jazz.  This band jams,â said Wells, âfusing blues, rock, funk and jazz for a show you wonât soon forget.â

To read more about Jason Ricci & New Blood, visit Ricciâs websites:  www.jasonricci.com and www.myspace.com/jasonricciandnewblood

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas