[Harp-L] Re: Mic question

Scott wrote:
"Crystals are really finicky, and prone to go hasta la bye bye. Drop one, or leave it next to the coffee-maker, and it turns to mush. I get 'em down here where the humidity is above 75 percent and they last about a month."

Amen. When I still lived in South Florida I had a great JT-30 loaded with a hot crystal element. Lasted maybe 3 or 4 months until it just started going limp and then kaput altogether. I sent the mic to Dave Kott and he loaded it up with a Shure controlled reluctance element which sounds killer and is so durable that, if there was a nuclear holocaust and the cockroaches that survived it started a blues band, their harp player could use this very mic - it'd  survive. That's what I'm told, anyway. ;-)
MN
Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_052008