[Harp-L] Mic question

I have a 1936 vintage Astatic Brown Biscuit=, with a new 151 element. compared to my old green bullet, it has no crunch. I play through a 1966 Kalamazoo, mic-ed through the PA. the bullet sounds great. I love the size of the biscuit, but wish I could get this thing to growl. It has no volume control, so I bought greg Heumann's volum control. Haven't used it for two years. Any ideas would be appreciated. I paid quite a bit for this critter.

thanks.
bullfrog