[Harp-L] Re: Shure 545 mic

Hi Chris,  Check and make sure your mic is wired for high impedance.
>From your description about volume, feedback and tubes it sounds like
you either have a low impedance mic or something is wrong with the
mic.  I have a 545SD set for high impedance and that mic is very
hot.   Some of the 545's are dual impedance and user switchable.  If
you have a low impedance mic that you cant rewire then you can use a
lo to hi impedance matching transformer.  A low impedance mic plugged
into a hi impedance input of an amp will not be very loud and will
suffer in the tone department as well.  --Joe