[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 57, Issue 4

  Wow,
             Thanks such much for the kudos ! After doing this over 40 years it's very nice to get props from my peers (the highest of compliments ). My philosophy is "it ain't where you are, it's what you do". If I may say, I've played some situations that looked amazingly unlikely (I'm thinking specifically now of the House Of Blues  in Orlando) for any kind of response from the audience and by ignoring the external trappings and focusing on the music , turned it into a semi-ecstatic concert evening. Music truly works wonders and the more you get into it , the more you get out. I'm so thankful now while the rest of the economy is tanking my business is very much on an upward trajectory.
       Another huge benefit of this is meeting so many nice people. My life (whopping cliche) is
  kind of becoming an embarassment of riches and certainly much, much more than financial though,yeah, that's, of course, picked up considerably as well. So, thanks harp-l , Danny, (bassman !) I hadn't listed on the gig list for months and as soon as I do all this response happens.
      I can't wait to hit Colorado and Wyoming next week. Harp content: love the new Marine Band Deluxe though I've had a few problems w/ reeds sticking (can be a little emabarassing when you're ripping along then a note isn't there !)
                                                                  Chris

Chris "Hammer" Smith
Hammer Smith Band
Official Myspace Page http://myspace.com/chrishammersmith