Re: [Harp-L] Interesting Article on Intelligence and Rhythmic Accuracy

Unless I have misunterstood you guys, ever heard Ravi Shankar play? Eastern music is different (strange, if you will) and the percussion gear: tabla or ghatam can generate a type of rhythm that suits such instruments.

Some have taken notice of my playing style that mimics the half or one and a half or two and a half steps. If you are not used to these beats you'd get the looks first and the nods later. But that could be the last time you've ever played with others. Everything in life is so relative. Preserve your art and discover more!

I still like the way all yea harplers do da sh...t. I have not read the actual article but I suspect it stopped short of segregating data in the survey to identify individuals who have been tutored and those that just play by ear. Brain scans ought to be able to corroborate the developmental subtleties.

Just my spin.

Venky