[Harp-L] Irish Book/CD

The best resource for learning tunes that I have come across so far, or at
least the one that suits my limited talents best is the "Dusty Banjos" book
and CD produced by the Community Music Crew here in Galway. Link:
http://www.dustybanjos.com/resources.htm   It is not specifically for
harmonica players but has regular music script with A.B,C type tablature
underneath. there are three CDs, all with the same format: they play each
tune through at a very slow pace and then at a more normal pace. The first
CD is enough for any beginner to be going on with, but when you get a taste
for more or for specific tunes you can graduate to the others.
The Community Music Crew is run on a semi-voluntary basis so they are not
really set up for "Major International Trade" (not yet in any case)but they
are more than helpful and will figure a way to get their learning material
to anyone interested. The music on the CDs can be sampled on the website.
I have the advantage of being able to participate in the group's weekly
learning sessions, where anyone can turn up and "play what they brung"
Fiddle, Banjo, Tin Whistle, Concert Flute, Box, Mandolin (and if I make it
at least one Harmonica). Any one who finds themselves in Galway is welcome
to join in. Unfortunately they have not figured out a way to send this
facility by parcel post, although the group does organise weekly "outreach
sessions" in Ennis Co. Clare.
Beannachtaí
Aongus Mac Cana