Re: [Harp-L] EQ'ing for harp meets the materials debate

In a message dated 30/03/2008 20:47:02 GMT Daylight Time,  gpopenoe@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<<Hey, there is nothing wrong with buying a zillion dollar harp  for
better sound whether it is a wood comb or not. But if you don't  make
significant effort to master the above (plus a few other things  that
I'm sure others can add) , then you might want to consider  postponing
that purchase.>>

So true, I was brought up in a house with a Bechstein grand piano and  a
Robert Morley concert Harpsichord... The piano was my mothers (she was an  opera
singer) the harsichord belonged to my sister, she was a concert pianist  and
harpsichordist. I did not at that time relise how lucky I was!

I never mastered the keyboard, despite having world class instruments
available to me.

A good instrument does NOT make a good musician.
However, a good musician will always obtain a good instrument!
I'm just a harmonica player.

John Walden
London
England