Re: [Harp-L] chromatic - Wm. Clark

Hello Gary & List,
I started playing harmonica when my sister gave me a Super Chromonica 270
when I was 8 years old. When I was 12 my mother gave me a "C" 16 hole Hohner
Larry Adler 16...  It leaked like a sieve! So I had to learn to play at  first
in all keys on a "G" chrom, I had no idea other keys were available, until  I
got the 4 octave in "C". There was no Harp-L in those days... After the age of
13 I discovered Little Walter and for the next 20 years only played 2nd
position  blues on diatonic harps. Then I went back to my first love, the chromatic.
These days I play chrom and short harp about 50:50 . Everything from
harmonica concerti to jazz, blues & rock to "The Carpenters" tribute  orchestra!
The better a musician knows their way around their instrument the more  they
are likely to be able to play well ...
Kind regards.
John Walden
London